Job Posting for position at the PEI UPSE Office.
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND UNION OF PUBLIC SECTOR EMPLOYEES
Membership Records Coordinator
Permanent Full Time
The 5,000 member union with its head office in Charlottetown, PEI is seeking to fill the permanent position of Membership Records Coordinator. This position is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the membership database as well as general administrative support.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Receive telephone calls and visitors and provide routine information or refer inquiries to the appropriate staff or elected officials and record this information on the data base.
- Typing, including the typing of agreements for various bargaining units, minutes of meetings and other documents as requested.
- Daily maintenance of the membership database
- Active liaison with personnel officers in bargaining unit workplaces to ensure membership records are up to date
- Assist with proof-reading of agreements, minutes, lists and other documents for grammatical and typographical accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
- Attendance at meetings for the purpose of taking minutes and distribution of minutes to the appropriate persons after they have been approved.
- Assist with the preparation of material for the Annual General Convention.
- Preparation and distribution of correspondence
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Creation of any presentations which may be required by the Employer
A complete job description is available upon request.
Skills & Ability
Completion of a recognized program in office administration, business administration or related course of study. Extensive, recent and relevant experience in an office setting is required.
- Demonstrated ability to use and is trained in word processing, data base creation and manipulation, import/export of data and spreadsheets (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database programs)
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to take initiative and exercise good judgment
- Knowledge of the PEI UPSE organization and the bargaining units that it represents
- Demonstrated commitment and knowledge of the labour movement and/or social justice organizations
- A good previous work and attendance record. The successful applicant must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment
Terms and conditions:
Annual Salary: $48,370 - $52,766. Wages and benefits as per the collective agreement between the P.E.I. Union of Public Sector Employees and UFCW Local 864
Please submit cover letter and resume in envelope marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
UPSE Staff Relations Committee, Wilma Ramsay, Committee Chair
4 Enman Crescent,
Charlottetown PE C1E 1E6
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications is Monday, April 16, 2018 at 4:30 pm.